- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add tortellini. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tortellini float to the top and the filling is hot, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken breast in hot oil until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in another skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms and garlic powder until mushrooms begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir heavy cream into mushrooms and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. Continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Stir tortellini and chicken into mushroom-cream sauce. Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Easy Chicken Pasta Alfredo, recipe