- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups warm milk
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir flour, salt, and pepper into melted butter until flour is dissolved. Slowly whisk milk into butter-flour mixture until a thick white sauce forms, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add spaghetti sauce and nutmeg to ground beef; cook until spaghetti sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread a layer of meat sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover meat sauce layer with a layer of lasagna noodles; top with 1/3 the white sauce, 1/2 the remaining meat sauce, 1/3 the Mexican cheese blend, and 1/3 the Parmesan cheese, respectively. Repeat 1 more layer of each ingredient; top with 1 more layer lasagna noodles, remaining white sauce, Mexican cheese blend, and Parmesan cheese. Pour water around the edges of the dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until cheeses are melted, about 10 more minutes. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes before serving.
Easy Lasagna Without Ricotta, recipe