- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Crumble turkey into a large skillet over medium heat. Stir onion, bell pepper, and garlic into the turkey. Cook and stir until turkey is completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the skillet, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix Cheddar cheese and Monterey jack cheese together in a bowl.
- Layer about 3/4 cup of the turkey mixture, 1 tortilla, and 1/2 cup the cheese mixture in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker; repeat layers until ingredients are fully used, ending with a cheese layer.
- Cook on Low until heated through, 5 to 7 hours.
Easy Slow Cooker Enchiladas, recipe