- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate covered espresso beans, chopped
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- Stir the egg yolks, milk, and cream together in a large pan over medium heat. Continue stirring, and cook the mixture until small bubbles form around the edges of the surface, but do not boil. Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract, espresso, and salt. Cover, and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Pour the cream mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze for 20 minutes according to manufacturer's instructions. Stir in the espresso beans. Gently fold in the caramel sauce, and continue freezing until hard.
espresso chip ce cream, recipe