- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices pepperjack cheese, cut into quarters
- Mix the ground turkey, garlic, onion, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Divide the mixture into 8 small patties. Place two of the pepperjack cheese quarters onto each of 4 of the patties; top with the remaining 4 patties so the cheese is in the center. Press along the edges of the burgers to seal.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers in the skillet until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 6 minutes per side.
Fiesta Stuffed Turkey Burgers, recipe