- 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small onions, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced - or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine chicken stock, potatoes, zucchini, onions, carrots, dill, basil, garlic, thyme, and rosemary in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook soup at a simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 40 minutes.
- Leaving pot on stove, switch heating element to off. Add Cheddar cheese to soup; stir until the cheese is melted. Season soup with salt and pepper.
Garden Veggie Zucchini Soup, recipe