- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 10 slices Dietz & Watson Gourmet Smoked Bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 1/2 cups Dietz & Watson Roasted Garlic Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1 inch chunks. Place in a large saucepan, (remove comma) and add enough cold water to cover by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes, return to pan, cover, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp and browned, turning once. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool, and crumble into pieces.
- Using a fork, mash the potatoes in pan until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese, butter, and sour cream, and stir until combined and smooth. Add the chives, 2 cups cheddar cheese, half the bacon, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a buttered 3 quart baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake until top is slightly golden and potatoes are heated through, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven; garnish with remaining bacon. Serve immediately.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic Cheddar and Bacon, recipe