- 8 cups cold water
- 8 large tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 (1 pound) loaf stale French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- Combine water, tomatoes, bread, and oil in a large stock pot. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend onion, garlic, cucumber, and green pepper to a paste. Stir into the stock pot.
- Using a hand mixer, blend until ingredients have a watery, pinkish consistency. Alternatively, process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add vinegar, and season with salt.
gazpacho andaluz, recipe