- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 small avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground mixed peppercorns
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine water and buckwheat in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the saucepan, and simmer until the buckwheat is firm yet tender to the bite, about 8 minutes. Rinse buckwheat under cold water and drain.
- Stir avocado, cherry tomatoes, lime juice, red onion, olive oil, parsley, fennel seed, cayenne pepper, and mixed pepper together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Add buckwheat groats and stir gently; top with goat cheese.
Gluten-Free Buckwheat Avocado Salad, recipe