- 1 (12 ounce) box Barilla® Gluten Free Elbows
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt. Cook pasta 1 minute less than packaged directions. Drain pasta and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Place pasta on a sheet tray to cool down.
- Season eggplant with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; add salt and pepper to taste. Roast eggplant in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown, then remove from the oven and cool down.
- Combine basil, pine nuts, salt and pepper in a blender, pulse for 5 seconds. Drizzle in remaining olive oil then add ice cubes and puree.
- Remove pesto from the blender and transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice, pasta, and eggplant to pesto, toss to combine. Top with shredded parmigiano cheese before serving.
Gluten Free Elbows Pasta Salad with Pesto and Eggplant, recipe