- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 6 slices pancetta
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, shallot, Dijon mustard, egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Refrigerate mixture to incorporate flavors, 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Form ground beef mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; lay pancetta slices in a single layer in the hot skillet. Cook until pancetta begins to sweat, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pancetta from skillet and keep warm.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook patties on the preheated grill until burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well burgers. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Place 1 burger into each of the buns; top burger with a pancetta slice.
Gourmet Pub Burgers, recipe