- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup steak sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 15 slices thinly sliced ham
- 10 slices Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and steak sauce. Mix thoroughly. Blend in soup mix, green pepper, onion, cilantro and garlic.
- On a large piece of aluminum foil, pat the beef mixture into a thin, flat rectangle. Layer about 1/2 the ham on top of the beef from end to end. Layer ham with the Cheddar cheese. Layer cheese with remaining ham, then the broccoli.
- Using the foil, roll the meatloaf while pinching the ends. Keep aluminum foil around the meat loaf and place on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
gourmet meatloaf, recipe