- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded, and minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato-based chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds swordfish steaks, cut 1 1/2-inches thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir the cucumber, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl until combined. Season to taste with salt, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in the chili sauce, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Season with black pepper, and remove from the heat.
- Brush the swordfish steaks on all sides with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Cook on the preheated grill until the fish is no longer translucent in the center, and easily flakes with a fork, about 3 minutes per side. Baste with the chili sauce while grilling. Serve the swordfish with lemon slices and the cucumber sauce.
Grilled Swordfish Steaks with Cucumber Sauce, recipe