- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package bow-tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, salt, and black pepper in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add onion, green bell pepper, carrot, and garlic to ground beef; cook and stir until onion is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce into ground beef-vegetable mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Cook on low until liquid is reduced and flavors have blended, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain and transfer pasta to a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Spoon cream of mushroom soup over bow-tie pasta; top with ground beef-tomato mixture. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and Cheddar cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.
Ground Beef Casserole, recipe