- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Break up ground meat into a large skillet, and add onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, and mustard powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until the meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and beef broth. Stir into beef mixture, and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not stir too much.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain. Serve sauce over hot noodles.
Ground Beef Stroganoff, recipe