- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 (3 ounce) jar real bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie dish.
- Press hash browns onto the bottom and sides of pie dish. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, place ground beef and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until beef evenly brown. Drain, crumble and allow to cool. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and cornstarch. Stir in 1/2 pound shredded cheese and ground beef mixture. Mix in the liquid smoke, bacon bits, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Pour into hash brown crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle 1/4 pound of grated sharp cheddar on top, and place back in the oven. Bake 15 minutes, or until filling is puffed and golden brown. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
hamburger quiche, recipe