- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large carrot, grated
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine beef, egg, onion, milk, bread crumbs, parsley, and carrot in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Place beef mixture in loaf pan.
- Stir together brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup in a small bowl. Pour over meatloaf.
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Healthier Easy Meatloaf, recipe