- 1 1/2 cups dry black beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced (optional)
- Put black beans in a large pot with water water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook at a simmer until tender, 30 to 40 minutes; drain. Return beans to the pot.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir turkey in the hot oil until completely browned, about 10 minutes; add sweet onion and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes more. Add to the black beans.
- Stir tomatoes, corn kernels, maple syrup, molasses, Hungarian paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, chipotle chile powder, cayenne pepper, and sea salt into the black bean mixture; bring to a simmer and cook until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Top servings of chili with yogurt and green onions.
Healthy Turkey Tex Mex Chili, recipe