- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a pot with enough water to cover, boil the chicken breast halves 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. Drain, cool, and cut into chunks.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, carrot, okra, and garlic until tender. Mix in the cooked chicken and red wine vinegar. Continue to cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Mix the cooked rice into the skillet. Season the mixture with chili powder, garlic salt, paprika, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Continue cooking until heated through.
Hearty Garden Chicken and Rice, recipe