- 6 (1 inch thick) pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and paprika. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the garlic about 1 minute, then brown pork chops about 2 minutes on each side.
- In a pot, bring the vegetable broth and rice to a boil. Mix in the Italian-style diced tomatoes, green bell pepper, orange bell pepper, green onions, and mushrooms, and cook about 5 minutes, until heated through. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the pork chops over the rice and vegetables.
- Cover, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until rice and vegetables are tender and pork has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Pork Chops with Garden Rice, recipe