- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 (16 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine sage, salt, and thyme in a small bowl. Rub half of the sage mixture all over the turkey, then place the turkey in a large roasting pan. Set remaining sage mixture aside. Bring butter, orange juice, orange marmalade, honey, and orange sections to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until thickened, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the remaining sage mixture. Brush the turkey with the glaze.
- Bake the turkey in the preheated oven for 5 hours and 30 minutes, basting every 30 minutes. Cover turkey lightly with foil and continue baking until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 30 minutes to 1 hour, occasionally brushing with the glaze. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Holiday Turkey With Honey Orange Glaze, recipe