- 2 pounds large sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon low sodium seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay® 30% Less Sodium Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Season scallops with salt, pepper, and low sodium seafood seasoning in a bowl. Place scallops in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Bake in preheated oven until scallops are hot and beginning to turn opaque, about 15 minutes.
- Combine margarine, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, honey, shallot, and garlic in a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and the shallot has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove scallops from oven and use tongs to turn each scallop over in the baking dish. Sprinkle the hot lemon-honey sauce evenly over the scallops.
- Return scallops to oven and continue baking until scallops are opaque and sauce has formed a glaze over the scallops, 15 to 20 minutes.
Honey Glazed Scallops, recipe