- 2 1/2 cups penne pasta
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia fillets
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1 roma (plum) tomato, chopped
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- While the pasta cooks, combine the melted margarine and garlic in a shallow dish. Place the flour in another dish. Dip the tilapia filets in the garlic butter mixture and then immediately coat with the flour. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish in the oil until golden brown, turning once, about 5 minutes total.
- Pour the cream, lemon juice, and remaining garlic and margarine mixture into the skillet. Stir in the jalapenos, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook until sauce has reduced slightly and fish flakes easily with a fork; about 2 minutes. Mix the baby spinach into the sauce and cook until wilted. Stir in the chopped tomato and the cooked pasta.
Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia Pasta, recipe