- Cream Cheese Penguins:
- 10 round carrot slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 10 jumbo pitted black olives
- 10 small pitted black olives
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 10 toothpicks
- Party Vegetable Sandwich Spread:
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped pimento peppers
- 2 teaspoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 1 red apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 carrot, sliced into rounds
- 6 thin slices cucumber, sliced lengthwise into wide ribbons
- 6 slices tomato, cut in half
- 6 toothpicks
- 8 round crackers
- 1/2 cup grapes, divided
- 8 slices deli turkey breast
- Cut a slit from top to bottom into the side of each jumbo olive. Ease the olive open slightly to insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese, forming a penguin belly.
- Cut a small triangle-shaped notch out of 9 carrot rounds to form feet; press 1 triangular piece (trimming if necessary) into each small olive to create the beak.
- Thread each jumbo olive onto a toothpick lengthwise through the existing holes. Anchor the toothpick onto a carrot slice (line belly up with feet); set a small olive on top (beak facing forward). Place penguins on a plate; refrigerate until assembly.
- Combine shredded carrot, onion, pimento peppers, and celery in a bowl. Mix 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, mayonnaise, and salt in a separate bowl; beat until fluffy. Fold carrot mixture into cream cheese; mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before use.
- Toss green apple slices, red apple slices, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Cut carrot rounds into decorative shapes using vegetable cutters. Wrap in a wet paper towel and place in a plastic bag; refrigerate until assembly.
- Pat cucumber slices dry. Place 1 half-slice tomato at the end of a cucumber slice; roll up together and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange 1/2 the carrot shapes in a bento box. Place 1/2 the sandwich spread in a small silicone baking cup; place 4 crackers in another cup. Arrange 1/2 the green apple slices, red apple slices, and grapes. Add 5 cream cheese penguins, 4 turkey slices, and 3 cucumber-tomato rolls. Use remaining ingredients to create a second bento box. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Kids' Turkey and Cream Cheese Spread Bento Box, recipe