- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup minced green onions, white and light green parts only
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (1 pound) racks of lamb, trimmed
- kosher salt to taste
- Combine gochujang, garlic, green onions, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt. Whisk marinade until thoroughly combined.
- Trim any excess fat along the surface of lamb. Cut a slash about 1 1/2 inches deep between each rib bone, stopping above the loin. Transfer racks to a zip-top bag. Place bag in a bowl; pour marinade inside. Seal the bag and massage the marinade onto the lamb. Marinate in the refrigerator, turning once or twice, 8 to 24 hours.
- Remove racks of lamb to a plate and return marinade to the fridge. Blot off extra moisture from the fatty side of the lamb. Sprinkle more kosher salt on top.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add racks fat side-down and cook until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F (52 degrees C), 12 to 15 minutes more. Plate lamb and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; continue cooking until reduced to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes more. Brush glaze over the lamb.
korean barbecued rack of lamb, recipe