- 1 egg
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let egg stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve excess grease.
- Add onions to skillet with reserved grease and cook until tender. Add bacon, vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Stir and bring to boil.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Pour hot dressing over and toss well. Garnish with egg and radishes.
Lettuce with Hot Bacon Dressing, recipe