- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.4 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid, quartered
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package linguine pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes, capers, bay leaves, and thyme leaves. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, and continue simmering for 15 minutes. Stir in sage leaves, and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and return to the pot off of the heat. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper, then pour over the pasta and toss to coat.
linguine with fresh sage-caper sauce, recipe