- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter with the cooking oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix the rosemary, thyme, and flour into the butter mixture; cook and stir until smooth, bubbling, and turns a light tan color, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the heavy cream into the flour mixture a little at a time, allowing each addition to incorporate fully before adding more. Stir the nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, and pepper into the cream mixture; cook and stir until smooth.
Sweet Sage Cream Sauce (without the Sage!), recipe