- 4 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Prick with a knife and drizzle with olive oil; rub to coat. Space sweet potatoes evenly apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until completely tender, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until bacon starts to get crispy and the fat turns foamy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add green onions and jalapeno; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Let sweet potatoes cool until safe to handle. Leave the oven on. Cut off the top 1/3 of each potato, holding the knife at a 45-degree angle. Scoop out sweet potato flesh from both the top and bottom halves, leaving at least 1/4 inch flesh in the bottoms to make the shells.
- Season the sweet potato flesh with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add 1/2 cup cheese, creme fraiche, and lime juice. Mash with a potato masher. Add the bacon mixture and mix until combined. Spoon filling into the sweet potato shells. Lightly scatter remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until heated through and tops have started to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
loaded twice-baked sweet potatoes, recipe