- 1 (3 pound) spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pierce spaghetti squash halves all over using a fork. Place in a microwave-safe dish and cook in a microwave oven until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add vegetarian ground beef, tomato sauce, peanut butter, oregano, paprika, thyme, tomato paste, turmeric, salt, and pepper and mix well. Simmer until sauce is heated through and starts to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Shred squash flesh using a fork and distribute among 4 plates. Serve with the sauce.
low-carb, vegan spaghetti squash 'bolognese', recipe