- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic salt; saute until onion and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute more. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and oregano. Cover and simmer until flavors combine, about 45 minutes.
- Pierce skin of the spaghetti squash in several places. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and cook, turning every few minutes, until tender, about 5 minutes per pound. Drain any liquid that accumulates in the bowl. Let squash cool until easily handled.
- Cut squash in half. Carefully scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard. Run a fork through the flesh, separating it into strands. Place strands directly in a strainer; excess liquid will continue to drain off.
- Divide squash among pasta bowls. Top with a generous portion of marinara and Parmesan cheese.
low-carb spaghetti squash spaghetti with mushroom marinara, recipe