- 1 1/3 cups crushed strawberries (wash, hull, then crush one layer at a time using potato masher)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened fruit juice, thawed fruit juice concentrate, or water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, sugar substitute, or honey (or less, depending on taste)
- 2 Ball® or Kerr® Half-pint (8 oz) Jars with lids and bands
- Prepare waterbath canner, jars and lids according to manufacturers instructions, if preserving. Prepare and measure ingredients for recipe.
- Combine prepared fruit with fruit juice in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in Ball(R) RealFruit(TM) Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- Add sugar, sugar substitute or honey, if using. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, one at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- Place filled jars in canner ensuring jars are covered by 1 to 2 inches of water. Place lid on canner. Bring water to gentle, steady boil.
- Process jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude*. Turn off heat, remove lid and let jars stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Clean and store according to manufacturers instructions.
Low Sugar / No Sugar Strawberry Jam, recipe