- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Melt® Organic Buttery Spread, melted over low heat
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk*
- 1/2 cup erythritol, such as NOW Foods
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla stevia extract
- 7 drops red gel food coloring
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces Melt® Organic Buttery Spread
- 1 cup erythritol, powdered**
- 15 drops vanilla stevia, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in 8 wells of a muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and powdered buttermilk, if using. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, Melt, buttermilk or water, erythritol, and stevia. Mix on low speed with a hand blender until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix well, beginning on low speed and increasing to high, for about 2 minutes, until well-blended and no lumps remain. Blend in food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Divide batter evenly among the cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and Melt until fluffy (the Melt does not need to be warmed to room temperature; it will be soft enough straight from the refrigerator.) Add the powdered erythritol in several additions, beating well, until fluffy. Beat in liquid vanilla stevia drops to taste.
gluten-free, sugar-free red velvet cupcakes with sugar-free cream cheese frosting, recipe