- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 manicotti shells
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese and eggs until blended. Stir in spinach, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, sugar, salt and pepper. Stuff mixture into uncooked pasta shells.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a medium baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta shells in a single layer over the sauce. Pour the remainder of the sauce over the shells, cover dish, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake covered for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, and bake for another 15 minutes.
Make Ahead Manicotti, recipe