- 5 (16 oz) pint jars
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 5 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- 5 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whisk orange juice, vinegar, orange zest, salt, curry powder, and pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking continuously until well blended.
- Line up 5 pint jars in an assembly line fashion.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing into the bottom of each jar. Place 1/2 cup cooked quinoa into each jar, and top with 2 tablespoons cherries. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons goat cheese on top of the cherries. Top with 1 cup of spinach per jar and pack down tightly to remove air pockets; jars should be filled to the top. Finish each jar with 1 tablespoon walnuts. Cover jars and refrigerate until ready to eat.
make-ahead spinach salad in a jar, recipe