- 1 pound bacon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, florets finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, shaved thin
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Chop into small pieces.
- Layer iceberg lettuce, cauliflower, red onion, bacon, mayonnaise, sugar, and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl, in that order. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place a heavy pan on top of the salad to press it down.
- Refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours, checking occasionally that salad is still pressed down.
- Toss salad; season with black pepper.
Make Ahead Cauliflower Salad, recipe