- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
- Whisk onion, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, horseradish, sesame oil, and black pepper together in a shallow bowl. Add pork to marinade and turn to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate pork, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove pork from marinade and pour marinade into a small saucepan. Cook marinade over medium-low heat until bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork in the hot oil, basting with marinade, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low and cook pork, basting occasionally with marinade, until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Maple and Garlic Marinated Pork Tenderloin, recipe