- 2 pastries for 9-inch single crust pies
- 3 cups diced Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut 4 6-inch rounds out of the pie crusts, and fit them into 4 5-inch mini pie dishes. Cut remaining pie crust into 1/8-inch strips, and set dough aside.
- In a bowl, mix the diced apple, tapioca, sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined; allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes to soften the tapioca. Stir the mixture again, and spoon into the pie shells. Use the strips of dough to weave a small lattice crust on top of each pie, and pinch the strips onto the bottom crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pies are browned and the filling is thickened and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Cool before serving.
Mini Apple Pies, recipe