- 2 pounds spicy or mild Italian pork sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- Place sausage and 1/2 cup water in a large (12-inch) skillet. Cover and bring to a simmer. Steam until sausage loses its raw color throughout, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix oil, cumin, curry powder, garlic powder, ginger, salt and cayenne. Scrape half the spice mixture into another medium bowl. Add lamb chops to one bowl; toss to coat well. Stir yogurt and vinegar into other bowl; add chicken legs and toss to coat well. Set both aside to marinate.
- About 30 minutes before serving, fully preheat gas grill (10 to 15 minutes with all burners on high). Use a wire brush to clean grill rack, then use tongs to wipe an oil-soaked rag over rack. Close lid and return grill to temperature. Make sure to have water close by to extinguish any flare-ups.
- Staggering meat additions so they all get done about the same time, place chicken on grill; close lid and grill-roast for a total of 20 minutes - 8 minutes on the first side, 8 minutes on the second side and 4 minutes longer, turning as needed toward the end to ensure doneness. Add lamb; grill-roast for a total of 8 minutes - 4 minutes on the first side and 4 minutes on the second side. Add sausage and grill-roast for a total of 4 minutes - 2 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second side.
- Arrange on a large platter and serve warm with couscous.
Mixed Grill of Sausage, Chicken and Lamb With Tandoori Flavorings, recipe