- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste, divided
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon hummus spread
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread cherry tomatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over tomatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tomatoes blister and pop and skins start to char, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds. Add tomatoes and green chiles; bring to a boil. Reduce stew to a simmer and add chickpeas. Add the cherry tomatoes and their juices. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While stew simmers, bring 3 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix Greek yogurt, hummus, 1 tablespoon water, and vinegar together to make the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the stew over quinoa. Top with the yogurt sauce, green onions, and cilantro.
moroccan chickpea stew with quinoa, recipe