- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 rib celery, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried kelp flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and refrigerate until cold.
- Combine chickpeas, carrot, celery, sunflower seeds, cabbage, and onion in a food processor and pulse until everything is roughly equal in size; transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir quinoa, almonds, and raisins into the chickpea mixture; add mayonnaise, mustard, kelp flakes, relish, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture until evenly seasoned.
Chickpea Quinoa Mock Tuna Salad, recipe