- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 red potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen diced potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 small yellow potatoes, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Cook and stir bacon and onion in a large pot until tender, about 5 minutes. Add red potatoes; cook and stir until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in diced potatoes and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan. Add yellow potatoes and russet potatoes; cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir into the bacon mixture.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place poblano pepper cut-side down on top.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until skin has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Let cool, about 15 minutes. Peel off skin and chop flesh.
- Combine chopped pepper, Alfredo sauce, Chardonnay, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until simmering, about 4 minutes. Pour over bacon and potato mixture. Simmer until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
multi-potato poblano chowder, recipe