- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (12 ounce) package soft silken tofu
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend tofu in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add Swiss cheese, Greek yogurt, and Dijon mustard; mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, spinach, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir tofu mixture into the skillet. Cook until flavors combine, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spoon tofu and mushroom mixture over macaroni in the casserole dish; mix to combine. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and golden, about 30 minutes.
Mushroom Spinach Mac and Cheese, recipe