- 2 cups finely sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups stale bread cubes, crusts removed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix peaches, flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, rum, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and 1 pinch nutmeg together in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peaches are tender and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Remove and set peaches aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir milk and heavy cream together in a saucepan over medium heat; heat until just warmed and a film forms over top of mixture, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Combine 1 cup white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until combined, 1 minute. Slowly pour milk mixture into sugar mixture; stir to combine. Add bread cubes; stir gently. Fold in cooked peaches.
- Pour batter into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pudding is bubbling and center is set, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.
My Peach Bread Pudding, recipe