- 2 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cumin seeds, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and 1 tablespoon oil in a small saucepan; heat over medium heat until warm, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir into flour mixture until small clumps form. Knead dough, adding more flour by the tablespoon if needed, until it is soft and smooth. Let dough rest, about 3 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Pressed into flat circles on a floured work surface.
- Brush a large skillet with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; heat over medium-high heat. Cook circles of dough one at a time until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
naan-like easy flatbread, recipe