- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion to the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and mix into the onion. Continue cooking, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes, for 10 to 15 minutes more. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, curry powder, coriander, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Mix cream cheese into the skillet with the vegetables. Continue cooking until cauliflower is tender but still a little crunchy, 5 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and mix in 2 tablespoons cilantro. Garnish with remaining cilantro before serving.
ndian vegetarian curried cauliflower, recipe