- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup cubed prosciutto cotto (cooked ham)
- 3/4 cup diced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms in oil, drained
- 1/3 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup diced pickle
- 1/3 cup sliced marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (3 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- Combine water, rice, carrot, peas, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender but still firm to the bite, about 14 minutes. Drain excess water; let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix prosciutto cotto, Swiss cheese, button mushrooms, corn, green olives, black olives, pickle, artichoke hearts, olive oil, thyme, and oregano together in a large bowl. Stir in cooled rice mixture. Fold tuna into the salad.
- Divide salad among 4 serving plates; garnish with hard-boiled eggs. Chill before serving, at least 30 minutes.
nsalata di Riso (talian Rice Salad), recipe