- 3 large eggplants, chopped, or more to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped, or more to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 4 cups water, or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 2 lemons, juiced, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Combine eggplants, bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Add water, cumin, oregano, and salt. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir until thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Cook 1 minute more, stirring roux constantly. Add white beans to roux and mix.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Scoop cooked eggplant and vegetables out of pressure cooker using a slotted spoon or pasta server, including as little water as possible, and transfer to a blender. Add roux-bean mixture and blend until smooth. Add lemon juice, tahini, and oil.
nstant pot® eggplant-bean soup, recipe