- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil and add onion, bell pepper, garlic, kosher salt, and black pepper. Cook until onion is soft and translucent and bell pepper has softened, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef. Cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain and discard extra grease from pot. Turn off Instant Pot(R).
- Stir in kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, beef stock, tomato paste, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, cumin, and paprika. Close and lock the lid.
- Select Chili mode; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 15 to 20 minutes.
three-bean nstant pot® beef chili, recipe