- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 cups chopped collard greens
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir collard greens, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the hot oil until collard greens are wilted and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix almonds, lemon juice, soy sauce, and ginger into collard green mixture; simmer until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice on the side.
Nutty American Stir Fry, recipe